Applications closed on 25th January 2019
- DIRECTOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, Job Group ‘R’ – (1) Post
Reporting to the County Chief Officer for Finance, the county head of supply chain management will be responsible for the efficient management of supply chain management services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day management of the entire supply chain management
- Develop annual procurement plan and ensure its full implementation
- Advising the Chief Officer Finance on matters of supply chain management policy and management
- Formulate and implement procurement policies and procedures for the County
- Prepare procurement plans for the County
- Providing guidance in overall supply chain management policy management
- Issuing administrative guidelines on implementation and interpretation of the Act, Regulation and other statues Implementing e-government procurement strategies Source for and implement modern inventory Management systems in close consultation with the county chief officer
- Prepare Tender documents in accordance with the public procurements Act 2005, implementing regulations and coordinate the entire tendering process
- Secretary to the tender committee
- Introducing modern inventory management techniques and approaches
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- A degree in Supply Chain management or its equivalent
- Masters in Logistics and Supply Management or Procurement is an added advantage
- Diploma in Supplies Management from a recognized institution
- Have served in Supply Chain Management for at least 5 years in the Public/Private in a senior management position.
- Have a thorough understanding of public procurement and disposal Act 2005
- Satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the Kenyan Constitution.
- Must be a member of a relevant Procurement/Supply Chain Management professional body.
To apply for this position either:
- Fill in the Online Application Form after reading the instructions inside the form. CLICK HERE for Online Application Form, and attach certificates/ testimonials, or,
- Fill in a physical Application Form and drop it at the Mombasa County Public Service Board Office at Betting Control Building, Mombasa or via postal mail/ courier service, and attach certificates/ testimonials. For this form CLICK HERE.
All Applications should reach the Mombasa County Public Service Board offices at Betting & Control Building, Mombasa on or before 25th January 2019 by 4.30 p.m.
In case you need more guidance on how to fill the form, don’t hesitate to call our PR & Communication Office on the numbers provided.
Mombasa County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer.