Safaricom Investment Cooperative made a presentation at the Mombasa County Public Service Board. The cooperative deals with sales of land in various parts of the country. They also sell houses targeting mostly the middle income members of the society.
The cooperative also trade cooperative shares to members, who can either be staff of Safaricom Company, former staff, or other members of the society who are approved by the cooperative executive.
They said on offer at the moment near Mombasa are sub-divided one eighth plots at Mtongwe, Mariakani and Kanamai.
Similar presentations will be made in other departments in the days to come.
The long awaited Service Charter Finalization workshop was held with the collaboration of the County Government of Mombasa and GIZ.
The workshop incorporated ideas from all the County Departments, including the Public Service Board.
Service Charter values incorporated:
- To enhance fair trade practices and clients’ confidence
- To improve client understanding of what to expect from the County Govt in terms of its services and relations with clients, thereby reducing the likelihood of misunderstandings and complaints.
- To recognize, promote, and protect Clients’ rights.
- To provide clients with an understanding of County Govt service standards.
- To inform clients of complaint channels when any dissatisfaction has occurred against the agreed service
- To ensure clients are aware of how a complaint or an enquiry can be made, and in what format they can expect to receive a response.
Public Service Board is in the process of fully developing a complaints handling mechanism. The Citizen Service Charters convey the County Government’s commitment to the citizens about quality service delivery.
- Basis for engagement between county govt and citizens
- Provide easy understanding and explanations for services provided.
Some benefits expected from Citizen Service Charters:
- Public satisfaction
- Professionalize of services
Service Charter aims:
- To clarify the rights and obligations of our customers as well as ours;
- To acknowledge and reward excellent performance;
- To professionalize and encourage excellence in our service delivery;
- To enhance performance;
- To strengthen processes and initiatives that prevent and combat corruption;
- To facilitate social dialogue between the Board and its partners, customers and clients;
- To support Mombasa County Departments in their developmental efforts;
- To ensure an effective, efficient and responsive public service delivery.
All these efforts are taken to enhance quality service delivery to the citizenry of Mombasa.